Change your life. Become a PADI Instructor!
If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving, and want an extraordinary life, then become a PADI Instructor.
Here are our recent IDC candidates, celebrating after successfully passing the PADI Instructor Exam at our Gildenburgh Water National Dive Site.
Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors and Assistant Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals. You earn a PADI Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
Five unique reasons why you should choose to do your PADI Instructor Development Course with Dive In & Scuba Pursuits
- Only company in the UK approved by PADI to operate 2 Five Star Career Development Centres … … PADI’s top-rated dive centres
- 4 Course Directors and 6 Staff Instructors on staff
- Onsite open water lake allowing freedom of scheduling and no additional entry fees
- Instructor Exams run onsite several times a year
- Over 2500 professional level certifications
What our candidates say
“The IDC at Gildenburgh is probably the most well supported course that I have attended. The online quizzes and feedback were in addition to the excellent face-to-face tuition that we received. The pace was ideal and the timing was spot on. It’s hard work, but extremely worthwhile. The 100% success rate speaks for itself. I would thoroughly recommend the course to any aspiring instructor.” – Keith Horsted
The Instructor Development Course (IDC)
The IDC comprises the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Most candidates choose to do the entire IDC followed by the IE (Instructor Examination). However, after completing the AI course you can take a break to gain more experience, and when you are ready to progress then attend the OWSI program.
Other Instructors are welcome
A PADI Divemaster who has been a certified diver for six months may enroll in the IDC.
Dive professionals who hold an instructor rating with another diver training organization may be eligible to enroll directly in the OWSI program without doing the AI course.
This recognizes prior instructor training and provides a path to become a PADI Instructor.
IDC & IE Pre-requisites
- At least 60 logged dives PLUS a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months to attend the IDC/IE.
- 100 dives to certify as a PADI Instructor PLUS Emergency First Response Instructor (EFRI) certification within the past 24 months. The EFRI course is programmed after the Divemaster course or during the IDC.
Our IDC prices below (you will need IDC Crewpak for all of these – Contact us for price)
Assistant Instructor: £943
Full IDC + Crewpak: £1075
To book or for more information please call 01733 351288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org