With the perfect start to your Technical Diving course, the PADI Tec 40 is all you need!
If you’re interested in technical diving, PADI Tec 40 is the starting point. It is the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course and consists of the first four dives. Because you can do one of these dives in confined water (such as a swimming pool), many divers start the Tec 40 courses in the winter months, ready to continue in open water when spring arrives. You will find that we have a selection of convenient padi tec 40 schedules for you.
You’ll learn to
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
Since it’s part of the course, your PADI Tec 40 course training credits toward the PADI Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
The Scuba Gear You’ll Use
You can use recreational scuba equipment, with some minor additions to enhance your ability to deal with tec diving conditions. However, you may choose to use the same equipment configuration that you would use for technical diving and courses at Tec 45 and beyond. We would always recommend that use your own equipment for this course, but we are able to supply all major items of equipment.
For detailed equipment requirements for this course, please contact us for the course information sheet
The Learning Materials You’ll Need
You’ll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The pak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skillsvideo on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures. You’ll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through Tec 50.
• Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
• Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
• Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
• Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres / 60 feet.
• Be 18 years of age or above and submit a medical form signed by your physician