PADI Course Director, Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer, PADI Specialty Instructor Trainer.Our chief instructor! – it’s difficult to write a synopsis for Ian without appearing to “blow his trumpet”, but you should know who our thorough teaching approach is due to, and why we all try to strive to maintain our high standards, so here goes!
- Ian has been at the forefront of the diving and leisure industries for 35 years and has over 1700 certifications to his name.
- He is a specialist “expert witness” in diving legal cases
- Former international athlete, PE teacher, and RAF officer
- Has managed diving centres and tour operations since 1975
- Has owned the national dive centres at Gildenburgh Water and Dosthill Quarry since 1985 and 1988 respectively.
- His recreational diving qualifications include:
- PADI Instructor (since 1983 – instructor number 17572!)
- BSAC Advanced Instructor (since 1984)
- PADI Course Director (since 1990)
- IAHD Handicapped Instructor (since 1994)
- His technical diving qualifications include:
- ANDI (American Nitrox Divers International) Instructor – since 1993
- ANDI Instructor Trainer – since 1993
- ANDI Instructor Trainer Director since 1998 – at all diving levels.
- One of only 6 worldwide with 4 in the US, and 1 in Israel
- The highest-qualified ANDI technical diving instructor in Europe
- First British dive on the Wilkes-Barre wreck in Key West, Florida, 1981