Ian & Pauline Forster are the Directors of Dive In.
Let our Dive In video instructor, Jesse, present this page to you in the video below…
Ian started the Diving Centre in 1983, with his wife Pauline. The centre did so well that just eighteen months later, they bought their first lake, and surrounding land, for what is now Dive In’s main centre, based at Gildenburgh Water. They chose the site for its thriving fish and plant life, interesting underwater landscape, and consistently-clear visibility.
Dive In is approved by PADI, the world’s most popular diver training agency, as a 5 Star Career Development Centre, their highest rating. That’s why absolute beginners, and divers looking to further their qualifications, come to us from far afield. Even experienced divers from the Seychelles, Kuwait and Thailand have travelled to do their professional instructor courses with us. Once you see what we offer, we think you’ll agree with them, and our thousands of other satisfied students, that Dive In is the best diving centre in the country.
Now let our Dive In video instructor, Jane, present the rest of this page to you in the video below…
- Shallow and deep water entries and jump bridge
- More than 30 underwater platforms to ease transition from pool to open water
- Nearby indoor heated pool exclusively contracted by us for our diving courses
- Guaranteed course completion, regardless of coastal weather conditions
- Air station with pure air breathing compressors and bank
- Nitrox station for divers who prefer enriched air
- Retail shop offering popular lines at competitive prices with knowledgeable and helpful staff
- Rental store with everything our student divers need, and favourable hire rates on all equipment after they qualify
- Servicing centre approved by the inspectorate for diving equipment servicing and testing, IDEST, with highly skilled technicians qualified to service all types of diving equipment including cylinder testing
- Friendly restaurant with a tasty range of healthy snacks, meals, and drinks at reasonable prices
- Several classrooms
- Changing rooms showers and toilets
- Unlimited free parking
- Budget accommodation for tents and caravans